Halal Grass Fed New York Strip Steak
U.S.D.A. Prime Beef
It’s a steak with robust flavor and a real bite to it. Our 100% grass-fed, All-Natural New York Strip steak is complete all by itself and still beefy enough to stand up to sauce.
Season with salt and pepper, or coat with a dry rub and sear. Add a sauce and your favorite sides.
1 Steak Per Order
Steaks are 12 or 16oz options
- 100% Grass-Fed, 100% Grass-Finished
- 100% All Natural
- Never Contains Antibiotics
- Never Contains Added Hormones
- Humanely Raised in the USA
- Processed under Temple Grandin Animal Ethics
Our Farms and Facilities always meet and exceed USDA standards to ensure that you get nothing but the highest quality meat possible.
A tender, grass-fed New York strip steak offers a robust flavor that easily transports you to a steakhouse at your own dinner table. And it’s easier to cook that you might think.
Season with salt and pepper and serve with roasted potatoes and grilled asparagus. Dress it up with a simple pan sauce. Or slice and top an arugula salad.
Whichever way you choose to serve it, here is our guide to cooking your next strip steak:
Take your strip steaks out of the refrigerator: This is an essential step to a juicy steak. Let your strip steaks reach room temperature before you start cooking. Plan to wait for about 20 minutes. If you’ve skipped this step before, perhaps you already know that a cold steak tends to cook unevenly. That will leave you with a fully cooked outside and a center that isn’t cooked enough. Getting the steaks to room temperature leads to even cooking.
Pat your steaks dry: Dry your strip steaks with a paper towel to helps create that beautiful and delicious brown crust when the steak is cooked.
Salt your steaks … and then wait: Salt your strip steaks using high-quality sea salt or Himalayan Pink Salt . While you can certainly do this well in advance of cooking – even the night before – we find that waiting around 30 minutes before cooking really does the trick. Waiting allows the salt to brine the beef, deepening the flavor. You can add some fresh ground pepper or add pepper just before cooking.
Choose your cooking method:
- Option 1: On the grill: Preheat your grill to high heat. When the grill is ready, add the Flavor God Seasoning of your choice and put your steaks directly on the grill grates. They should take around 4-6 minutes per side for medium rare. Grill longer, if needed, to reach your desired doneness.
- Option 2: On the stove: Add oil to a cast-iron pan. We love to use avocado oil because of its high smoke point. Heat your oil to medium-high. Place your strip steaks in the pan and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes on the first side. Do not move the steak while its cooking — that’s how you ensure even caramelization. Flip the steak and cook to your preferred doneness.
- Option 3: Sear & finish in the oven: Preheat your oven to 400° Heat an oven-safe skillet on medium-high with a small amount of oil. Once the oil is hot, sear for one minute or less on each side. Then place the skillet in the oven until the steak reaches your desired doneness. It can take as little as six minutes to reach an internal temperature of 135°F for medium rare, so we recommend using a meat thermometer. Try a “leave in” thermometer set to your preferred temperature or do it manually by carefully taking the pan out of the oven.
- Option 1: Serve as is with sides: Your strip steak is ready to serve!
- Option 2: Add a pan sauce. Whip up a simple sauce with the juices left in the pan after cooking. This works particularly well if you’re cooking your steak on the stove. Add some butter to the pan, along with a couple of cloves of minced garlic, and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add liquid, such as stock. Stir well and scrape the browned bits of beef left on the pan. That’s why it’s called pan sauce! Add your choice of fresh herbs. Then let the liquid reduce until the sauce thickens a bit.
- Option 3: Slice and add to another recipe. New York strip is great for slicing and adding to salad or even tacos.
All of our products are Certified Halal by WASEELA and the Society of American Muslims, providing 100% hand-slaughtered fresh Zabiha-Halal meat to all of our customers. Our facility has been inspected by the USDA and is in complete compliance with all Islamic dietary laws, rendering all of our products suitable for consumption by Muslims as per Shari’a (Islamic Law).